Helping Young People Excel (H.Y.P.E) Summer Program
The National Public Library will be conducting its teen program H.Y.P.E: Helping Young People Excel.
The theme for this year’s program is Techknow Teens: App Design and Development. Participants will be involved in basic app creation for mobile devices. The program will be held on the compound from 8th - 29th August. It will cater for thirty (30) persons, aged 13 – 16 years.
The objectives of the program are:
- To develop the basic skills required to create applications for mobile devices.
- To provide a basic understanding of mobile design principles.
- To inspire a positive attitude in teens.
- To build self-esteem and confidence.
- To provide an important skill that will enhance their job opportunities.
- To provide a positive environment for learning and sharing ideas.
- To emphasize the importance of reading.
Registration commences at the National Public Library from 27th June to 29th July. There will be a registration fee of $60.00.
The National Public Library is kindly requesting coverage of the opening ceremony which begins at 9:30 a.m. at the National Public Library’s conference room on 8th August. Also the Department is soliciting assistance through this medium to inform and invite media houses to provide coverage of the aforementioned.
The Department looks forward the usual co-operation.
Source: National Public Library